FWDA Forum Discussions about league play and FWDA business

Old 08-02-2009
Administrator

pelligrini is on a distinguished road
Angry Some things change

Some things change
and some things stay the same,
just like this past weekend.

We had a pretty good turnout for setup Friday, and a really good turnout for the tournament (I was very surprised). I was expecting a little over half that. Jeanine and Carrie ran a smooth bracket.

We sent 17 or so players to the ADO regionals Saturday. The VFW was very pleased with the canteen and kitchen business.

The turnout for teardown was absolutely pathetic. I wasn't even intending on heading over for teardown. Nat called me up about around 6:00, there was no one there. A few folks helped break down about half of the standards before I got there. I don't know how many or who they were, but they deserve some thanks. Nat and I finished the teardown of the 20 boards we set up. A big thanks goes to Tiny for showing up and helping me move the standards and stack them. Another person deserving a thank you is Brant. He responded to Nat’s call and helped me move the last of the standards and swept the hall.

I hope everyone who played Friday and Saturday really enjoyed themselves and had a good time. I really enjoyed having to clean up the mess. I guess somebody’s got to do it.....
I can't think of many things I enjoy better than sweating my ass off moving a bunch of heavy steel standards outside into the heat.
[Insert the missing middle finger smiley here]

I’m reminded of a line that was used often in the old Mugs Away:
Who does your share?
I know my answer to that question, what's yours?

Last edited by pelligrini; 08-02-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-02-2009

Natalie Lowe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Natalie Lowe
Unhappy It was tough!

I was pretty glad the Dallas players chipped in and at least broke most of them down except for the main wall where the finals where being played. They couldn't believe I was there all by myself. I made my desperate phone calls to those I knew I could count on...Thanks Erik and Brant for coming to my rescue. There was no way that I could have torn down 20 boards by my self, put the dart boards in the dart office, and clean up the trash, tables, ashtrays, and supplies. I got alot done before Erik arrived to save the day!

What came from this, I am not giving up! We came up with a plan...certain volunteers for set up, certain volunteers for tear down, and we ask Dallas to help for each, as well. We thought that maybe it would be a better idea to have players that actually did not participate in the regional for the tear down phase.

It is understandable, but frustrating, that players get down, and want to get the heck out of the dart hall when they finish. Who wants to wait around after getting knocked out?, Who wants to tear down after playing all day and makes it to the finals?, and Who wants to interupt their Saturday to tear down when it was an event that they did not participate?

The Bottom Line, though, Is Somebody has to do it!

We do this as an Association, We do it to benefit the VFW, We do this for our ADO players. The FWDA Board and vast majority do not benefit from this required effort it takes to hold the regionals. BUT it is important, it is a duty that we take on, make it our responsibility to accomodate our ADO players and our VFW.

A LITTLE HELP WOULD BE NICE!

Thanks to all of you that showed up Friday, it made set up so easy and quick with so many helping. We do appreciate all of the hard work that some of you give back! Thanks!

Last edited by Natalie Lowe; 08-02-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-02-2009

SciFi65 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to SciFi65

Sorry to say, but they name streets after a lot of FWDA players.....ONE WAY. You know who you are.
Old 08-03-2009

cjmtexas is on a distinguished road
Default Friday Night

Just to let everyone know Bill Turney walked around Friday night with a trash can cleaning up all the trash and scoresheets left. He always does.
Old 08-03-2009

Maria is on a distinguished road

Speaking of setting up and tearing down, who's doing that for TSTC?

Thanks
Maria
Old 08-03-2009

Dart Geek is on a distinguished road

It is at Black Gold so I would think Paul would have his employees do that right??? Or will we have to help...
Old 08-03-2009

Candice is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Candice

It depends on who is the hosting Association. If MDA is hosting TSTC it will be up to their Executive Board to worry about that not the FWDA, and I'm pretty sure that if it was us Natalie, Jeannine or Carrie would have already starting asking people to volunteer
Old 08-03-2009

cjmtexas is on a distinguished road
Default From What I Understand

By looking at the TSTC website MDA is the hosting association not FWDA.

Carrie
Old 08-04-2009

caksings is on a distinguished road

We talked about having designated representatives from ALL ASSOCIATIONS for the next setup / teardown session. 3 associations were involved in the regional - 1 did the setup, and from what I understand, the same did the teardown. We should designate 2 members from each association to setup, and 2 members from each association to teardown. What do u think ???
Old 08-04-2009

JoanBu is on a distinguished road

MDA is hosting, but we've agreed to let FWDA co-host and co-sponsor the Friday night blind draw.