Fort Worth Dart Association  

Go Back   Fort Worth Dart Association > FWDA Forums > TSTC Forum

TSTC Forum Discussions about the Texas State Team Championships

Old 07-14-2009

smadigan is on a distinguished road
Default TSTC Meeting July 21, 2009 @ Shuckers 8pm

Natalie brought to the board in regards to TSTC the different players that were interested in playing. Because there was not an actual shoot at any of the three locations the FWDA has agreed to take the players that have shown interest. We have asked Natalie to arrange a meeting with all that are interested. If there are enough players for a team then FWDA will sponsor that team. If more then enough show up then Natalie will hold a round robin at that time. If there is not enough players that show up then FWDA will not sponsor a team.

Each person must pay their $10.00 at the meeting if you have not already paid. Please let me know if you have paid and to whom.
Old 07-14-2009

Natalie Lowe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Natalie Lowe
Arrow Result of the board meeting...

Yes, Sherri is absolutely correct in the above post.

1st) There was not a shoot and not enough players to have an actual shoot at each of the 3.

2nd) The total of players that attended all 3 did not quite make up a team.

3rd) The decision was decided at Saturday's Board Meeting, Motioned,
2nd, and voted in favor of going ahead to sponsor a TSTC Team and to hold
another meeting/shoot as a last effort to get enough players. The question was shouldn't this be open to any FWDA member? The board's decision was "yes" because not one of the scheduled shoots shot a round robin. Money was only taken from one of the shoots. But No darts were actually thrown.

4th) The board asked me to go forward with this and it was agreed that this would take place the following week after all league play ended.

5th) The date set for this 2nd chance FWDA Try-out team is Wednesday, July 22 8pm, at Shuckers. If we do not have enough for the team, The FWDA will not sponsor a team at this year's event. We save the $250.00 per the decision of Saturday, July 11, 2009 board meeting.

Last edited by Natalie Lowe; 07-14-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2009

sanewcomer is on a distinguished road

some of us shoot mda summer on tues so what does that do
Old 07-14-2009

cjmtexas is on a distinguished road
Default Paid

Sherri,

I have money in my envelope for

Billy Turney
Buddy Galloway
Brant Newberry
Jon Bodiford

That is all that have paid. I will bring it to the meeting on the 21st.
Old 07-14-2009

Arrow Change the date to Wed July 23

This whole thing is frustrating. My apologies for Tues. wasnt thinking about MDA but just trying to get this done. My phone has rang off the hook today about all of this. It is really sad, because at of the end of the 3 shoots it didnt look like we had enough. Players that showed up said they may or may not play because of another team, whatever. All I wanted to do was to ensure that we did send a team because of the few that really were interested. It has been a good thing, but a controversial expense, so that's why it was brought up in the first place. After talking to many, it looks like there is actually enough to make a team as is. We still need to get everybody together and finalize the team. So, there shouldnt be a conflict with Wed, July 22 so we will go from there. I dont care either way, I am not the bad guy in this, I simply tried to salvage something that was going to get canned because there were not any shoots. The agreement made regarding the tryouts was that all three would be tallyed and then the 7 men and 4 women would be derived from the highest precentages. Since none of them happened there aren't any percentages to pull from, money was only taken from one and not all three. It really does take us back to square one, in my opinion!

Last edited by Natalie Lowe; 07-14-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-14-2009

Default WED July 22nd

The date is Wed July 22, not the 23rd. Sorry.
Old 07-15-2009

Dart Geek is on a distinguished road

I am an out sider looking in on this and my understanding is: 1) the players that came out to the try-outs paid the $10.00 and they didn't have to try out. 2) there is going to be a meeting to see if there is more interest 3) there will be a round robin to see who will be on the FWDA TSTC team if there is enough interest.

I feel that those players that came out to the try-outs should be on the team and they should not have to play for a spot. They went through the motions to be on the team and have shown the interest that is needed for a good team. Those that are NOW interested should play for substitute postions (if there are enough players) since they did not show up to the try-outs.

Why penalized the players that did the right thing? What if one or more of these other players that shows up to the meeting wins the round robin? That would kick a player off that went to the try-outs...

This is my opinion...right or wrong I just don't want to have players that did what was required getting a bad wrap...and then not wanting to try out the next year b/c of how they feel or how they were treated. OR, dropping out of FWDA.

Old 07-15-2009

JonB is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JonB

Louise, I couldn't agree more
Old 07-16-2009

sanewcomer is on a distinguished road

i think it would be more funner to have a shoot and earn my way on the team instead of havent it handed to me just cuz i showed up somewhere if more ppl do show instrest we should have a shoot
Old 07-16-2009

SciFi65 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to SciFi65

Since naked treadmilling is a TSTC afterhours requirement I say let them slug it out there. Nic can be judge....he's the expert here.