Fort Worth Dart Association  

Go Back   Fort Worth Dart Association > DARTS! and More > Tournament Trail

Tournament Trail Upcoming Tournaments, Results, etc.

Old 03-14-2018

kdwrenn is on a distinguished road
Default Naughty Angels Fights Lyme Disease Benefit Tournament

Shuckers Naughty Angels is having a benefit tournament Saturday May 5th at Shuckers to help fight Lyme Disease. Karey Reynolds sister Kimberly Goodman has been diagnoised with Lyme Disease. This disease is horrible and often misdiagnoised and very costly to control. The medication itself causes horrible side effects which you can see in the video we have uploaded. Kimberly is a school teacher but due to the side effects of the disease and the medication she has had to limit her teaching to 2 1/2 a day because everything takes a huge toll on her body. The dart family has always helped those in need and Kimberly is in need of our help. Please read her story.
I am Kimberly Goodman from Kansas. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease which is a tick born disease in July 2017. This is a very controversial disease and it took me until October 2017 to find a LLMD which is a Lyme literate doctor located in Texas for my first appointment. With this being such a controversial disease it is not covered by insurance. Appointments cost $300-$600 each. All of my supplements, some of my prescriptions and labs are also not covered by insurance. My LL M.D. Dr. in Texas said it would take 15 to 18 months for this disease to go into remission. He said it’s a disease that I will probably have the rest of my life so my goal is to get to remission. This disease affects your joints your speech your thought process and many more symptoms to long to list. I would have never guessed that a tick bite could do so much damage to one’s body. My husband and I have depleted all of our credit and resources trying to keep up with the extra expenses. We have been working as hard as possible to keep up with the extra expenses. It is very hard for us to ask for help especially financially. We would be grateful for any donations that we get and know that we would use them for expenses we have incurred and expenses to come. Summer is fast approaching and I work at a school 2 and 1/2 hours a day as this is one of my limitations after giving up a $30,000 a year job. I will not have income for the three months school is out for summer. I do long arm quilting for extra money as well so if you have a quilt or know of someone in need of that service that is another way you can help. We would like to thank you for taking the time to read our story.
If you would like more information on lyme disease there is a documentary on Amazon prime. It is called “Under Our Skin “. This gives you a good insight of this disease if you have never heard of it.
There will be players raffeled off, auctions and items to be raffeled off. there will also be 50/50 raffles. 50% of the entry fees will go toward the benefit.
food will be served at $5.00 a plate, if you wish to bring food please do.
The Benefit will begin at 5: 00pm and the tournament will begin at 8:00. 501/cricket/BC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	naughtyangelsbenefit.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	3878